Annual: $32, 308.08
Annual Salary + Benefit Package: $55,047.06
Benefits: Missouri State Employee Retirement System / Deferred compensation plan / Health insurance (medical, vision, dental for employees and family) / Paid life insurance / Long-term disability insurance / Cafeteria plan / Paid holidays / 10 hours annual leave per month / 10 hours sick leave per month / Uniforms provided when required / Pre-service and in-service training / Access to credit union / Direct deposit of paycheck (required) / Employee health, wellness and safety initiatives / MOST 529 College Savings Program
- Three or more yearsof experience and/or training in one of the building, industrial, or mechanical trades, or business or service occupation; and possession of a high school diploma or proof of high school equivalency
- The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education requires all Vocational Teachers within the Missouri Department of Corrections to complete five online courses in Methods and Instructional Strategies in Career Education or NTI bootcamp within two years of employment
- Two or more years of experience as a Vocational Teacher I with the Missouri Uniform Classification and Pay System, or in a comparable teaching position in a formal vocational training program for career or technical occupations; and possession of a high school diploma or proof of high school equivalency OR five or more years of experience and/or training in one of the building, industrial, or mechanical trades, or business or service occupation; and possession of a high school diploma or proof of high school equivalency.
- Four or more years of experience as a Vocational Teacher with the Missouri Uniform Classification and Pay System, or in a comparable teaching position in a formal vocational training program for applied computer technology; and possession of a high school diploma or proof of high school equivalency
Ability to obtain (at the time of employment) an appropriate Temporary Authorization Certificate (TAC), Initial Career Education Certificate (ICE), or Continuous Career Education Certificate (CCEC) issued by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Ability to obtain (at the time of employment) an appropriate Continuous Career Education Certificate (CCEC) issued by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Examples of Work:
- Participates in the development/review of teaching aids/materials; supervises/instructs students in basic and advanced career or technical occupational skills; conducts formal instruction in the theories of career/ technical occupations; prepares various types of equipment necessary for teaching sessions; prepares reports based on student attendance/performance/progress/skills assimilation
- Maintains equipment in good operating condition and in accordance to manufacturer's safety standards; assists in/develops lesson plans; prepares pre-assessment evaluations; establishes learning objectives in accordance with program goals; maintains discipline in accordance with established policies; orders supplies; maintains inventory and other records
- Teaches pro-social behavioral patterns conducive to success including safety/health/ethics/employability/ related skills; exercises increasing independence in the performance of responsibilities; receives close administrative direction; performs other related work as assigned
- Introductory to intermediate to comprehensive knowledge of: the skilled occupation in which instruction is to be presented; practical methods and techniques of conducting lectures and on-the-job training in a craft/trade/occupational area
- Ability to: learn/apply modern principles of instruction in the assigned career/technical area; exercise constructive discipline in a classroom and work situation; establish/maintain effective working relationships with students/co-workers/other staff; maintain interest in/make a positive contribution to the improvement and development of students; identify/share career trends, projections, opportunities in vocational fields
Interested in Applying?
Please apply online at
Click on the position that you are interested in applying for. Complete the \"Apply Now\" information to the right, then click \"Apply for this Position\". This will direct you to the online application
You should also submit a cover letter, current resume and any college transcripts by attaching the documentsto the on-line application
Equal opportunity employer
All requested documents MUST be received by the closing date listed.
The Missouri Department of Corrections is proud to have a tradition of promotion from within for employees looking for and seeking distinctive career paths. As you work for the department, we invite you to consider your goals and make choices to actively head toward them. We seek to recognize employees who serve with distinction.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro