Job ID: 2019-4322
Type: Regular Part-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Direct Care
Center for Personal Achievement
The Teaching Assistant position supports people with a developmental disability in a day program setting. Duties include running activities, going into the community, and assisting people with their activities of daily living, including personal hygiene.
- Implement activities that facilitate the development of valued roles and personal relationships in the community.
- Teach individuals served skills and create opportunities to learn through the use of supported routines.
- Assist individuals to perform daily routines.
- Implement all procedures that ensure the health, safety, and well being of individuals served.
- Implement all procedures that ensure physical safety and cleanliness of the program.
- Assist people to access, and/or provide, all needed transportation.
- Acquire and maintain all required certifications.
- Review and complete all required documentation.
- Communicate all pertinent information to all stakeholders.
- Participate in supervision, team, and other assigned meetings.
- Maintain all required certifications
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Minimum of 2 years experience working with developmentally disabled individuals preferred. Valid Drivers license and be willing to transport individuals served in the community. Physical stamina and lifting required.