SThe Supervisor of Career and Technical Education shall perform those duties assigned by the Executive Director to ensure the efficient operation of the career and technical education offerings at Pittsburgh Public Schools.Reports To Executive Director, CTE Salary Office Location: Pittsburgh Westinghouse 6-12
Salary Plan: Support Administrator Salary Schedule Level 3, Step 1 (starting at $95, 042)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Year: 12 Months Qualifications - A Supervisory or Director of Vocational Education certification issued by the PA Department of Education.
- A Bachelor's of Science Degree in vocational education or related area.
- Seven (7) years of experience teaching CTE programs; most recent experience preferred.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with demanding timelines and production of quality products.
- Proficient using PC-based computer applications, Microsoft Office applications, e-mail, Web applications, and industry-specific technology. Residency Requirements No Residency Requirement Essential Job Functions Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise CTE programs and electives in middle and high schools.
- Provide New Teacher Induction workshops for new CTE staff.
- Attend Board Meetings and professional development sessions and any other activity or meeting as deemed appropriate by the Executive Director.
- Supervise and assist instructors in the curriculum development/implementation process.
- Oversee and monitor all teachers' lesson plans.
- Observe and evaluate CTE teachers.
- Monitor the integration of core academics into Career and Technical Education offerings.
- Assist in implementation of the Superintendent's Strategic Plan.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of applicants for CTE staff positions.
- Assist in the development of policies, proposals and procedures.
- Develop, attend, and facilitate all staff-related professional development sessions.
- Maintain open lines of communication with school principals, academic counselors, and career counselors.
- Maintain data on CTE program industry certifications.
- Assist in budget formulation.
- Develop and coordinate post-secondary articulation agreements and dual enrollment.
- Work with business and industry partners to enhance CTE programs.
- Support Occupational Advisory Committees.
- Prepare proposals/grants for Federal and State funding.
- Maintain active membership and participation in professional organizations as recommended by the Executive Director.
- Represent the Executive Director when directed to do so.
- Complete any other duties or responsibilities assigned by the Executive Director.
- Provide support for student field trips and community service activities.
- Coordinate professional development learning opportunities for teachers.
- Work with teachers to coordinate student internships and job shadowing experiences.
- Coordinate and help implement a Career and Technical Student Organization for all CTE programs.
- Prepare Board tabs when necessary.
- Coordinate teacher NOCTI preparation for all CTE programs.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. Additional Job Information Posted pending Board approval. The Pittsburgh Public Schools (PPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs, activities, career and technical education programs or employment and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. It is the policy of the Pittsburgh School District to make all services, programs and activities available and to provide reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities. Please make requests for accommodations at least 72 hours before the scheduled event. For more information regarding accommodations, civil rights grievance procedures, please contact: Office of Employee Relations, 341 S. Bellefield Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 or 412-529-HELP (4357). Share Login and Apply