Process Engineer, Herty
Requisition Number: STA001525
Department: 3900982000-Herty: Plant-General
Position Status: Full-Time
Herty Advanced Materials Development Center. Reporting to the Director of the Herty Advanced Materials Development Center (AMDC ) in Savannah, Georgia, the Process Engineer, a member of the Herty management team, initiates, designs, develops, optimizes, and troubleshoots manufacturing processes to meet safety, quality, and operational performance expectations.
• Evaluates existing processes and recommends capability and production volume improvements while maintaining and improving quality standards.
• Determines root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommends changes in design, tolerance, or processing methods.
• Develops and incorporates innovative process solutions to improve existing operations.
• Develops manufacturing processes for potential new opportunities.
• Trains Technicians and Operators on manufacturing process techniques and serves as a technical resource for equipment repairs with maintenance and other repair services.
• Provides process engineering information for new program development and evaluation.
• Maintains Standard Operating Procedures and Conditions (SOPs and SOCs) as required.
• Participates in plant safety programs and offers suggestions to eliminate safety concerns.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or related science discipline
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Seven or more years of industrial experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases and successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
Previous experience working in the paper industry
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Job Open Date: 09/27/2017
Job Closing Date: 10/31/2017
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1096988
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.