South Arkansas Community College seeks an experienced, innovative, student-centered, community-oriented person to serve as its next president. The successful candidate will join a team of dedicated faculty and staff members in the further development of a stable and operationally sound institution.
Located in El Dorado, Arkansas, South Arkansas Community College, known locally as SouthArk, is a public, comprehensive community college with an open admissions policy, providing educational programs, workforce development, civic and cultural enrichment, and support services to students and residents in its service area. South Arkansas Community College was established by a vote of the citizens of Union County on March 31, 1992. Today the institution is spread across two campuses – the West Campus with eight instructional and administrative buildings and the East Campus with nine.
Current enrollment is approximately 1400 students with strong concurrent enrollment opportunities for area high school students. Faculty and staff number approximately 160. Over 20 academic programs are provided in three broad divisions: Arts and Sciences, Health Sciences and Career and Technical Education.
The next president will report to a nine-member board of trustees, appointed by the Governor of Arkansas. Leadership is currently vested in a five-member Cabinet with three vice presidents (Academic Affairs, Student Services, Finance and Administration) reporting directly to the President and two associate vice presidents (Institutional Planning / Academic Support and Administration). The director of the South Arkansas Community College Foundation also reports directly to the president. The president has leadership and management responsibilities for all aspects of institutional operation, is responsible for leading legislative relations, oversees and participates in fundraising, and serves as the face of the institution within the community, region, and state.
Qualifications for the next president include:
- A masters degree is required. The earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning is strongly preferred. Candidates with progressively responsible senior leadership experience in a complex organization in lieu of the earned doctorate are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of five years of senior leadership experience in a higher education setting, as well as teaching and co-curricular experience, are strongly preferred.
- Evidence of a deep passion for the education of both traditional age and non-traditional students.
- Demonstrated success in community engagement, the development of partnerships with businesses, civic agencies, and educational institutions.
- Evidence of successful fund-raising experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to promote trust, communication and transparency with institutional constituents and supporters.
- Experience with legislative affairs is preferred.
- Evidence of transformational leadership in developing and actualizing new initiatives.
- Experience with guided pathways and Achieving the Dream is desirable.
- Regional and specialized accreditation experience, especially experience with the Higher Learning Commission, is desirable.
To ensure full consideration, completed applications are due by October 28th, 2019. The search page, which includes the Executive Search Profile and application and nomination links, is located here.
RH Perry & Associates is assisting South Arkansas Community College in their search. Please direct all confidential communications to: Dr. John Hutchinson, Senior Consultant, and Mr. Paul Doeg, President and Chief Operating Officer, at SouthArkPresident@rhperry.com.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zz54kx5zxkkb6hr5