Application deadline: August 18 or until position is filled.
Columbus, Ohio (Area residence required.)
Starting date on or about January 1, 2018 (negotiable).
Position reports to Board of Trustees. CEO is responsible for the growth and development of the established consortium of 25-30 state education agencies which is focused on the support of secondary and postsecondary programs that prepare students for business administration careers. Primary responsibilities include:
- Staff leadership
- Professional leadership in career and technical education, particularly business/marketing programs
- Coordination and collaboration among member and non-member states
- Coordination and collaboration with other agencies and organizations serving career and technical education, including career-technical student organizations
- Fiscal development, including grants development, membership development, business development, and other aspects of revenue generation
- All business operations, management, and strategic planning
Requirements: Successful candidate will have 10+ years of successful experience in educational management/leadership positions, including secondary career and technical education. Required skills include excellent oral and written communications, budgeting, and technical skills; solid computer literacy; appropriate detail orientation; positive professional image; and strong problem-solving, collaborative leadership approach. Experience with training and event planning are plusses, but not requirements. Ph.D. preferred, masters required. By Board Policy and practice, MBA Research is an equal opportunity employer: EEO ALL
Compensation package includes competitive salary commensurate with experience; generous personal leave policy; disability coverage, health insurance (partially paid), and life insurance package.
Work environment: Small (20-person) office with friendly, informal, comfortable, and task-oriented work environment. Located in suburban Grandview area of Columbus, near Ohio State University. Absolute no-smoking and drug-free policies.
MBA Research is a highly regarded national organization serving states and local business faculty in high schools and community/technical colleges. The entity is a not-for-profit (501(c)(3)) organization, established in 1971 and operated by a consortium of state education departments.
- Cover letter and resume detailing skills and experience
- Detailed salary history (5 year) and requirements (both required)
E-Mail (only) materials to:
Thomas N. Applegate, Executive Director
National Council of Local Administrators of Career and Technical Education
Please, no calls or personal visits prior to application and scheduled interview.
Questions regarding the position, organization, or application processes may be addressed to Dr. Dale Winkler, Chair, Search Committee: Dale.Winkler@sreb.org Questions and responses will be posted at www.MBAResearch.org/GoCEOSearch.