The Manager, ProStart Programs is responsible for the development and application of systems and procedure to implement strategies, programs and projects that support the Strategic Initiatives of the ProStart program and the opportunities indicated in program metrics. The Manager, ProStart Program is responsible for developing an ROI (Return on Investment) Analysis for implementation of ProStart programs, projects, events, requests for assistance/participation/presentation. The Manager, ProStart Programs has an overall understanding of the dimensions of the ProStart program and its components in the context of the business relationship of NRA/NRAEF with state restaurant associations (SRAs) and SRA Education Foundations and plays a critical role in ensuring that the ProStart team meets or exceeds the National ProStart Program Standards each year.
- Works as part of the ProStart team to accomplish Association goals.
- Assists Director, Programs accomplish ProStart team goals.
- Supports all internal team members and departments following the Foundation mission and values while promoting Foundation culture.
- Monitor state ProStart program performance through regular review of metrics, including the ProStart Educator and Student Surveys and ProStart Data Collection System as well as other relevant data bases, including but not limited to National ProStart Certificate of Achievement (COA) applications and awards, exam administration records and scores, website registrations, Alumni Surveys, queries, funding applications etc. Recommend appropriate interventions.
- Establish annual schedule, budget and ROI for COA application audits in accordance with the guidelines of the new COA application process. Develop and implement audit guidelines following best practices; conduct scheduled audits and prepare audit reports.
- Serves as Editor of the monthly ProStart News email newsletter, preparing content that is accurate, timely and balanced.
- Works closely with key staff at NRA Solutions to collaborate on development of a single ProStart data base, incorporating the ProStart Confirmed Program data base and the NRAEF.com registered ProStart educator data base.
- Responsible for ensuring that ProStart To Go (educators), the Hub (coordinators) and the Parent Page of the www.nraef website are current, accurate and effective.
- Work closely with the NRAEF Communications team to identify essential messaging documents and collateral material to support the national and state ProStart programs and components and to promote the professional development of ProStart educators.
- Oversee the ProStart Program Support Funding program: review and make recommendations for annual funding program guidelines, revise application form as necessary, distribute applications to essential individuals in eligible states, territories etc., follow up as appropriate with states, review applications for compliance with program guidelines and make recommendations for awards.
- Maintains strong working relationships with post-secondary and industry partners to collaborate in development and implementation of effective professional development programs for ProStart educators based on ProStart metrics, education trends and other feedback mechanisms, with a focus on off-the-shelf programs for state coordinators.
- Lead development and execute administration of the Summer Institute professional development program for secondary educators in collaboration with post-secondary partners and NRAEF staff. Secure sites and negotiate site contracts, ensure complete and accurate records (including financial records) are maintained for applicants and attendees. Oversee development of communications program to promote the Summer Institutes and prepare attendees for a valuable experience; survey attendees and site contacts for feedback following sessions.
- Develop agendas for the annual Coordinators’ Roundtable and Educator of Excellence nominations and programming based on metrics, feedback loops and ROI analysis.
- Pursue articulation agreements with post-secondary schools that have not participated in the past.
- Oversee the COA application process, reviewing day-to-day queries and issues with National ProStart Coordinator and ensuring issues are addressed in a timely manner, in collaboration with NRA Solutions.
- Oversee the National ProStart Invitational culinary and management competitions; coordinate one of the two events (culinary or management, as assigned) to include rules revisions, judge selection and training, and training/orientation of NRAEF team members to support the vision and goal of NPSI.
- In collaboration with NRA Solutions, oversee the Certified Secondary Foodservice Educator credential ensuring that appropriate policies and procedures are developed and implemented for application, award, renewals, waivers etc. and that all necessary records are maintained appropriately.
- Assist NRA Solutions identify subject matter experts to guide development of curriculum and educator resources.
Emotional Demands (Example: ability to make quick decisions or speak publicly)
- Must be able to work as an integral part of the ProStart program Team
- Must be able to maintain good rapport with all departments
- Must be on time and with a minimal amount of absence
- Must be able to make complex decisions for tough problems
- Must be able to cope within a fast-paced work environment; persevere with tenacity
- Must be able to manage multiple projects; separating mission critical from the non-strategic; with minimal supervision
- Must be fearless in tackling issues and challenges as they arise; doesn’t avoid confrontation
- Must be able to understand the importance of the position for the success of the business
- Ability to accept change and be flexible; focusing on action and outcomes
- Must be able to act with honor, character and integrity
- Bachelor's Degreerequired in communications, business, hospitality management or closely related field.
- Five+ years of experience in an office environment; work in non-profit administration, association management, general business, communications or related field a plus.