The Carpenters Apprentice and Training Funds of New York and New Jersey, are combining their resources and personnel to establish a state of the art training program covering the entire region.
The Funds are seeking an experienced, dynamic, and progressive Director to provide educational leadership and coordinated programmatic leadership to 9 apprentice and journeymen upgrade centers.
- Design, implement and continually evaluate, the entire vocational curriculum to produce highly qualified workers able to fulfill industry needs
- Provide coordinated administrative and financial oversite for the entire Apprentice Program
- Recruit, hire, evaluate, train and retain outstanding instructional staff
- Develop an outreach program and work effectively with national, state and community programs to promote the Fund’s programs, and to increase enrollment and diversity of membership
- Formulate and administer a state of the art coordinated journeyman upgrade program
- Collaboratively develop and monitor an overall budget and unified spending plan to advance the Funds goals and objectives
- Utilize research and international best practices to formulate a strategic plan to ensure that the Fund remains responsive to industry needs
- Seek out and obtain new sources of funding, state and federal grants to advance the Fund and to increase enrollment
- Utilize and promote the latest technology to ensure workforce readiness
- Plan, approve, and monitor all capital spending, equipment and physical plant investments.
- Work closely with industry and union representatives to keep the program responsive, relevant and cost effective
- Provide guidance, inspiration, evaluation and professional development to all Fund employees.
- A record of success administering a Vocational or Technical Program.
- A college degree in a related discipline is required.
- Experience in Carpentry, preferably as a foreman or Superintendent is desirable.
- Programmatic experience in curriculum design and evaluation, budgeting, recruiting, and planning.
- Expertise in marketing and promotion of Educational/ vocational Programs.
- Accomplished in obtaining and administering grants.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Frequent Travel is required.
Salary: $150,000-$170,000 annually plus an excellent fringe benefit package.
The Funds are an EEO Employer.