SME is seeking an Educational Programs Manager to support implementing advanced manufacturing education programs to attract and provide high school students with the academic and technical skills, knowledge and training to succeed in future careers as skilled manufacturing engineers and technicians.
· Collaborate with regional manufacturers to coordinate and prepare workforce assessments
· Work with high school principals, educators and guidance counselors in the development of strategic plans to provide manufacturing vocational career pathways and curricula offerings based on regional workforce needs.
· Participate in coordinating and implementing curricula plans
· Facilitate technology integration, information, communication and training plans for students
· Coordinate implementation plans to engage corporate partners with educators and students
· Collect and organize data reports and surveys from participating schools
· Coordinate professional development training sessions for educators
· Assisting in planning launch events and other engagement activities involving students, educators and manufacturer partners
· Manage program budgets and coordinate acquisition of capital equipment, curricula, and other program expenditures
· Assist in interfacing with post-secondary institutions to develop articulation agreements and dual-credit opportunities
· Develop strategies to build students’ and parents’ awareness of manufacturing career opportunities
· Create presentations and represent the SME Educational Foundation before large groups
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s degree in a field of study related to manufacturing engineering, manufacturing technology or STEM education OR
· Hold a valid secondary (7-12) teaching license in an Engineering or Technology field, or a valid CTE Educator License within manufacturing coursework, OR
· At least 5 years of occupational experience in advanced manufacturing involving one or more competencies, including CNC machining, welding and fabrication, robotics, CAD/CAM, mechatronics or engineering, with demonstrated experience in career development
· Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software
· Excellent organization, time management and written and verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team environment and interact with staff and external partners
· Able to work in fast-paced, multi-task environment
· Normal office environment.
· Travel required