Apply Online at: http://jobs.lanecc.edu/postings/9839
Lane Community College is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Veteran / Disabled Employer embracing equity, inclusion and accessibility. We encourage a safe and hospitable environment for women, minority, veteran and disabled candidates.
Our Academic and Student Affairs (ASA) Office has begun the search for an Associate Vice President.
Reporting to the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs, the Associate Vice President of Career Technical Education and Workforce Development (AVP CTE/WD) provides strong leadership and vision in coordinating the development and operation of Career and Workforce Development programs on and off campus, coordinates the implementation of new career programs, and provides leadership to ensure the viability and integrity of career technical education programs.
The AVP leads college efforts including focused training for local business and industry; healthcare, nonprofit and government sectors; professional/career training programs; and small business/entrepreneurial development programs. The AVP works with the VP, ASA to determine vision, strategy, goals, and operating budgets for workforce programs and career technical education. The AVP supervises apprenticeship and internship programs and is responsible for marketing, enrollment, budget, data management and analysis, and assisting in the design and development of new programs. The AVP works closely with staff to achieve the goals of the division in accordance with the mission, vision, and strategic directions of the college.
Housed within the Career Technical Education and Workforce Development are the following divisions and programs: Advanced Technology, Apprenticeship, Aviation Academy, Business and Computer Science, Carl Perkins, Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management, Health Professions, High School Connections and Cooperative Education, and non-credit career technical and workforce programs.The Associate Vice President will:
- Work with division deans, directors, staff, and faculty to develop and implement new career technical programs.
- Lead and participate in regional efforts to address workforce shortages and needs.
- Guide the assessment of current programming to strengthen content, improve employer satisfaction, and increase community connections.
- Work with Lane Community College faculty and staff to implement credit and non-credit workforce programs that meet community needs.
- Conduct business enterprise planning, identify funding (i.e., grants and contracts), and coordinate program delivery, and resource development.
- Create and operate strategic alliances with economic development entities, corporations, community groups, labor unions, and local government.
- Ensure that commitment to diversity and inclusion is visible in all aspects of operations.
- Collaborate with K-12 system, particularly secondary institutions, to create dual credit career pathways.
- Master’s Degree in a related field.
- Three (3) years of increasingly responsible administrative, management and
leadership experience in higher education, including instructional division dean/chair experience or equivalent
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.