This tenure track position is an academic-year (nine month) appointment. The primary role (70% teaching) is preparing middle and secondary school teachers of Family and Consumer Sciences Education. The secondary role assignment (25% research) is to develop a sustainable research agenda related to Family and Consumer Sciences Education. All faculty members are expected to make positive contributions to the community at large through a service (5%) role. The position is located on the USU campus in Logan, Utah. The anticipated start date for this position is August 1, 2019.
The person hired for this position will be responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate classes in Family and Consumer Sciences, advising/mentoring master and doctoral graduate students, and performing service in Career and Technical Education with specific responsibilities in Family and Consumer Sciences Education. The role assignment may include supervising Family and Consumer Sciences Education students during field experiences.
- Current teaching license.
- Earned doctorate in Family and Consumer Sciences Education or closely related field (completed by date of appointment).
- Successful experience teaching secondary programs of Family and Consumer Sciences Education at a public or private school setting for at least three years.
- Effective written and oral communication, as well as interpersonal, organizational, and team skills.
- Experience and desire to teach and advise college students.
- Experience in conducting and disseminating research.
- Experience in recruiting and maintaining student enrollment.
- Experience in supervision of Family and Consumer Sciences Education student teachers.
- Evidence of ability to write and secure grants to support scholarly activities.
- Experience with electronic teaching technology and strategies.
- Leadership experience with Family and Consumer Sciences youth and/or adult organizations such as FCCLA, 4-H, CTSO, etc.
- Experience/involvement with the development of an active scholarly agenda, including publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience in obtaining funding to support research projects.
- Ability to collaborate with other