****Submit application on www.caiu.org/employment
Application due date: June 14, 2019
- PSERS Pension
- Excellent Benefits
- Supportive Team
- Dynamic Environment
- Strong Community Ties
1. Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s preferred.
2. Valid PDE Vocational Director’s certification required.
3. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
4. Experience and understanding of comprehensive CTE programming.
5. Previous experience in career and technical education preferred.
To administer all aspects of the career and technical programs offered through the Dauphin County Career & Technical School; perform a variety of supervisory and administrative tasks in monitoring and assisting the programs for career and technical education.
- Plan, organize and direct the total educational and administrative functions of the secondary, adult and continuing education, post-secondary and all other programs authorized by the Joint Operating Committee (JOC).
- Plan and direct effective public relations with industry, business, labor, post-secondary institutions and the community.
- Responsible for program and general supervision of all administrative, supervisory, instructional staff and support staff.
- Serve as a member of, and work closely with, the Administrative Advisory Committee (Superintendents) and is directly responsible to the JOC.
- Prepare work sessions and meeting agendas for the JOC.
- Make recommendations to the JOC and keep all members informed of the school’s activities.
- Meet with and provide the Local Advisory Committee with the necessary information and material to assure effective cooperating and operation.
- Meet with the CAIU Superintendent’s/Vocational Director’s Advisory Council each month.
- Provide a student presentation for each of the school district’s Board meetings.
- Meet with representatives from the PA Department of Education, Bureau of Career and Technical Education, and other state agencies on a regular basis.
- Reach out and form relationships with community groups such as the Colonial Park Rotary, Lion’s Club and other service organizations.
- Meet with state and national legislators to garner support for career and technical education.
- Provide tours of the DCTS facility to legislators, board members, industry, business, consortium administrators and staff, and the community.
- Serve on local and state committees that are directly related to career and technical education.
- Create and present an annual Student Performance Report for the JOC and the public.
- Responsible for the development and the administration of all policies relating to the Articles of Agreement and those approved by the JOC in conformity with state and federal regulations.
- Direct the development of the school’s philosophy, goals, and objectives.
- Interpret the school’s career and technical education program to the community.
- Direct the development of Competency/Standards-Based Curriculum and Instruction for all career and technical programs.
- Direct the development of the academic Standards-Based Curriculum and Instruction for all academic programs.
- Direct the preparation and submission of all, but not limited to, state and federal reports.
- Direct the creation of new career and technical programs.
- Attend local, state and national meetings and conferences.
- Finalize the selection of new and replacement personnel recommendations for the school and recommend to the JOC for employment.
- Oversee and direct the development of teacher professional development.
- Oversee and direct the development of support staff professional development.
- Develop rationale and procedures for program closure.
- Direct supervision of the Assistant Director, Business Administrator, Special Education Director and Adult Education Coordinator.
- Collect information through surveys and other methods to determine the needs for updating the existing program and for the development of new programs of study.
- Review the need for building alterations and/or new facilities based on changing needs in an effort to carry out all programs.
- Plan and direct programs for post-high school students, out-of-school youth and adults as needed by the community.
- Closely monitor student enrollment for fiscal and planning purposes.
- Perform and oversee any other duties as assigned by the JOC.
The Capital Area Intermediate Unit is conducting an executive job search for the Dauphin County Technical School.
Job Type: Full-time