The Delaware County Intermediate Unit seeks Biomedical Technology & Laboratory Sciences Teacher. The candidate must have a minimum of two years documented work experience in the biomedical laboratory sciences industry with knowledge of laboratory skills, clinical skills, scientific experimentation skills, and professional skills and must be willing to obtain a PA vocational teaching certificate through an approved PDE university program. As an alternative, candidates with PDE instructional biology certification will be considered. Development of an Occupational Advisory Committee and clinical partnerships will also be required. The candidate will teach at both the DCTS Aston Campus and at an off-site location. Candidate must also be willing to attend two weeks of Biomedical Sciences Project Lead the Way curriculum training before the start of the 2018-2019 school year. More information about Project Lead the Way is available at www.pltw.org.
- Ability to work effectively and regularly with a computer and computer programs
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to function independently
- Flexible and reliable
- Experience working with students preferred